Sunday, August 3, 2014

5th August National Underwear Day

Who would have thought, a day to celebrate underwear! It is a great topic to celebrate in a Prep school library because it is a topic explored in a large number of children's picture books. When I type 'underwear' in my subject search for my library there are over forty books I can use to make a display, so that is just what I will do tomorrow. Of course there's all the Captain Underpants titles, with another one about to arrive very soon, all the Claire Freedman Aliens in Underpants series, and Todd Doodler's Bear in Underwear series, but there are many stand-alines too. It is interesting too, how many of these books are accompanied by a toy! Obviously they are sellers. Our latest toy is the elongated orange frog from New Zealand author Juliette MacIver's  The Frog Who Lost His Underpants. If you haven't read Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants do and share it with a class. It is fun!  

Here is just some of the titles in the library:

1 comment:

  1. Great topic such fun and I really like your new graphic way of presenting the book covers in the green frame. I also treasure my little alien in underpants toy.

    ReplyDelete