Sunday, January 27, 2019

29th January 2019 Curmudgeon's Day

I love the word 'curmudgeon'. I 'm not so happy about what it implies, especially the references to 'old', but many definitions also say 'male' so maybe it is okay. Nevertheless I like the fact that there is a day for them. I have written about this day before here, but there is a new book about to arrive that has a title with more great words to discuss...The Unbudgeable Curmudgeon. It is about young siblings, not cantankerous oldies so it has more to discuss than just the wonderful vocabulary. Can't wait to buy it.


1 comment:

  1. I think the book I just finished The Yark by Bertrand Santini might fit into this category too. It is a funny book if you don't take the idea of a monster eating children too seriously. It will be on my blog in a couple of days. I also thought of Little Oleg and the character of Eric. He seems to fit this criteria too.

    ReplyDelete