Sunday, June 18, 2023

17th June World Croc Day



How can there be so many things on 17th June? I didn't rush to write about crocodiles because I thought I had done it previously, but apparently I have not. I have written about Alligator Day and listed suitable books, but there are far more picture books about crocodiles than alligators. The young children I teach will always borrow a crocodile book when they are out on display.



Here's some favourites that are still in print. They are fun not particularly factual!

• The Enormous Crocodile  by Roald Dahl

• Lyle, Lyle Crocodile by Bernard Waber

• Princess Cora and the Crocodile by Laura Amy Schlitz

• Professional Crocodile  by Giovanna Zoboli

• If I Had a Crocodile  by Gabby Dawnay

• The Crocodile Who Didn't Like Water by Gemma Merino

• No Way Yirrikipayi!  by Alison Lester

• Strictly No Crocs by Heather Pindar

• Beware of the Crocodile by Martin Jenkins

• Crocodile Beat by Gail Jorgenson

And these that aren't in print but if they're in your library they worth borrowing.

• Guji Guji by Chih-Yuan Chen  

• "Ahhh!" Said Stork by Gerald Rose (my son loved this book. At three he could recite it off by heart)

• Crocodile Smile by Lois Ehlert




Need more, look here.





No comments:

Post a Comment