Saturday, October 7, 2023

7th October Love Your Bookshop Day


As you know I love bookshops...they are my happy place! I have certainly been in some very good independent ones in the last couple of months. I do still try to most of the school library shopping at bookshops, one in particular because I like to see what I think I want to buy before I purchase it. For this reason I hope independent bookshops continue to exist. I don't want to buy sight unseen online.




I have written about this day and given book suggestions before, here, but here's some that I forgot to mention or which are new to me, since then.

• The Bookshop Mice  by Robert Starling.

• Mr Leopard's Bookshop  by Alexa Brown and Julia Christians

• Dakota Crumb and the Secret Bookshop by Jamie Michalak and Kelly Murphy







and some 'magical' novels for 8+

• The Travelling Bookshop  by Katrina Nannested and Cheryl Orsini (4 books)

• The Bookshop at the Back of Beyond  by Amy Sparkes

• The Magic Story Shop  by Katje Frixe

• The Bookshop of Dust and Dreams by Mindy Thompson




No comments:

Post a Comment