Tuesday, May 7, 2024

So They Build - Spiders


Spiders are the most amazing of the animal builders, I think. How do they make such delicate webs over such large spaces, time and time again. There is nothing more beautiful than walking into a garden first thing in the morning and spying a dew-laden spiderweb. And they do feel like silk! How do they do it? I need to read more about spiders, so while putting together a display I think I should dip into a few of the books.




I am going to start with this book because it is one of those nonfiction books that you can dip into. It has amazing double page spreads like this one.
• Up Close Spiders  by Cathy Riley




• Spiders Closeup  by Andrew Kelly

Then this one because it focusses on web building.
• Spinning Spiders  by Melvin Berger






• Jumper  by Jessica Lanan
This is new and award winning.







Next any of these:

 • Spiderwebs  by Nancy Furstinger   
• Spiders Spin Webs by Yvonne Winer


 • Scurry the Truth About Spiders by Annette Whipple



• Spiderwebs & Spider Silk  by Lynnae W. Allred





Now for some stories:


• Seaver the Weaver by Paul Czajak and The Brothers Hilt







• The Weaver  by Qian Shi








• The Very Busy Spider  by Eric Carle







• Aranea  by Jenny Wagner and Ron Brooks








• Sophie's Masterpiece by Eileen Spinelli and  Jane Dyer








• The Spider Weaver  by Margaret Musgrove and Julia Cairns










• Diary of a Spider by Doreen Cronin and Harry Bliss

• The Spider and the Fly  by Tony Diverlizzi








• The Spider by Elise Gravel








No comments:

Post a Comment