Sunday, October 26, 2014

26th October Steven Kellogg (1941)

It is hard to believe that I missed writing about Steven Kellogg before this. He has so many children's books that still appeal. I was introduced to his work when I first started teaching and read The Mysterious Tadpole  to a class. They loved it and wanted it read again and again. Everyone wants an uncle to send a gift like that. Jimmy and his boa then became a favourite. The book in our library that goes out the most is How Much is a Million? The young children who this library caters for are fascinated by very large numbers. And of course there is always the dog, Pinkerton.




1 comment:

  1. Yes yes I also adore Steven Kellogg. I especially like the books he has illustrated for Margaret Mahy. The Rattlebang picnic is a favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete