Tuesday, February 14, 2017

14th February Library Lovers Day

I had fun at school today! I wrapped a book up in a parcel for each class and left it on the teacher's chair in the classroom for the class to find at the start of the day. I pasted the Library Lovers Day heart and International Book Giving Day logo on the parcel with a heart-shaped  note suggesting that they enjoy sharing the contents. All of the books I chose were about reading for pleasure and they were given out at random to my twelve K - 2 classes. Four of the teachers gave me very positive feedback and several children came to the library to thank me for their book. They guessed they were library books because of the spine labels and covering! Yes, it was a bit of an effort, but well worth it, if the students respond positively to the library, books and reading.

3 comments:

  1. You left out the most important part - which books did you choose?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The books pictured above were among the ones I used. I made them all picture books and not too much text so that the teachers would be more tempted to share them in their busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my goodness this is so special! Lucky children to have such a wonderful library and even better to have such an amazing Teacher-Librarian. I love the idea of just popping the book into the classroom for the teacher and students to discover! This post has made my day!

    ReplyDelete