What a wonderful creature a sheep is...certainly huggable. We need to thank them for wool, cheese and lanolin among other things. The last Saturday in October is Hug a Sheep Day so head off to a farm or petting zoo to thank a sheep. In Australia we won't have a wooly jumper on, but we may have a fine merino singlet top or t-shirt.
There's some very endearing sheep in children's picture books, besides Shaun and the Green Sheep and a few dictatorial ones too!
• Russell the Sheep by Rob Scotton
• Baa Baa Smart Sheep by Mark & Rowan Sommerset
• The Sheep Who Hatched an Egg by Gemma Merino
• Louis 1 King of the Sheep by Olivier Tallec
• Elfrida by Klara Fall & Heide Stollinger
• Bea Rocks the Flock by Victoria Jamieson
• Prince Charming and Baabarella by Angela Glitz
• Funny Machines for George the Sheep by Geraldine Elschner & Remi Saillard