Sunday, May 19, 2019

25th May International Tap Dancing Day

Recently, a friend, a fellow-teacher who has taken up dancing classes since she retired told me that as well as the ballet class she was taking, she had decided to do a tap class as well. I thought about how many of the small children I taught went to dancing lessons. We have a large collection of books about ballet, a few on dance but what did we have about tap dancing?  I went looking and found only four.
Tallulah's Tap Shoes by Marilyn Singer. This lovely picture book is part of a series about Tallulah and her love of dancing.
* The Impossible Shoelaces  by Ed Allen and Nathaniel Ekstrom. Here Caterpillar really wants to learn to tie his shoelaces so that he can tap dance!
The Tip-Tap Dancing Cat by Joanna Boyle

Don't Tap-Dance on Your Teacher Book 5 in a series of beginning chapter books Roscoe Riley Rules by Katherine Applegate.

Held annually, International TAP Dancing Day is on the 25th May each year.

1 comment:

  1. I found a couple more? Tasha the tap dancing fairy (Rainbow Magic), Katie Morag and the dancing class and Flying Feet (Aussie Nibble). I love the idea of a day about tap dancing and wish I had the courage and co-ordination to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete