Tuesday, July 16, 2019

16th July World Snake day

It's World Snake Day! I'm certainly not enamoured of snakes, but the students I teach are. In fact the snake books in the library are nearly as popular as the shark books. Usually they want to borrow expository texts and marvel at the photos. We have many books that satisfy this need, the most popular probably being Damian Goodall's The Snake Book: Slip Sliding Away, but if you are looking for some picture books, these are some of the newer and more popular ones in the library:

I (Don't) Like Snakes by Nicola Davies and Luciano Lozana
Python by Christopher Cheng and Mark Jackson
There's a Snake in My School!  by David Walliams and Tony Ross
Boa's Bad Birthday by Jeanne Willis and Tony Ross
Anna and Otis  by Maisie Paradise Shearring
I Saw Anaconda by Emma Dodd and Jane Clarke

If you want to share a short novel, try:
Akimbo and the Snakes  by Alexander McCall Smith
The Snake Who Came to Stay by Julia Donaldson
• Snake and Lizard  by Joy Cowley

I have written about snakes before here.



No comments:

Post a Comment