Sunday, June 19, 2022

18th June Go Fishing Day

It's winter in Australia, but yesterday was a glorious weather day here in Sydney and ideal fishing. My son was always keen to go fishing and luckily his dad often took him. I just do not have the patience! My son now works at a marina and has ample opportunities to fish. It is a shame he doesn't eat fish. Everything he catches goes back.

When he was young I really struggled to find books about fishing for him, but now I have built up quite a collection for the young children who use my library. See here. I don't know how many times I had to read A Fisherman's Tale  by Keith Faulkner. It was a family nightmare when it fell apart and no amount of contact could resurrect the flaps.


Below are two favourites and one I would like to source for my grandma friends who have to go fishing!





1 comment:

  1. Abe books have 9 copies of your old flaps book - could be a fun present? Around US$10. The Emily Gravett book looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete