Sunday, June 18, 2023

17th June World Croc Day



How can there be so many things on 17th June? I didn't rush to write about crocodiles because I thought I had done it previously, but apparently I have not. I have written about Alligator Day and listed suitable books, but there are far more picture books about crocodiles than alligators. The young children I teach will always borrow a crocodile book when they are out on display.



Here's some favourites that are still in print. They are fun not particularly factual!

The Enormous Crocodile  by Roald Dahl

Lyle, Lyle Crocodile by Bernard Waber

Princess Cora and the Crocodile by Laura Amy Schlitz

Professional Crocodile  by Giovanna Zoboli

If I Had a Crocodile  by Gabby Dawnay

The Crocodile Who Didn't Like Water by Gemma Merino

No Way Yirrikipayi!  by Alison Lester

• Strictly No Crocs by Heather Pindar

Beware of the Crocodile by Martin Jenkins

Crocodile Beat by Gail Jorgenson

And these that aren't in print but if they're in your library they worth borrowing.

Guji Guji by Chih-Yuan Chen  

• "Ahhh!Said Stork by Gerald Rose (my son loved this book. At three he could recite it off by heart)

• Crocodile Smile by Lois Ehlert




Need more, look here.





No comments:

Post a Comment