Tuesday, August 15, 2023

20th August World Helicopter Day

 


It is World Helicopter Day on the third Sunday of August.

There's not a lot of picture books about helicopters, but there are students at school who are super keen to borrow books about helicopters.

The nonfiction information books are more popular, but there are stories too. 





This story, Yellow Copter  is my 'nightmare' book. It is about a teacher who is stuck at the top of a ferris wheel and she is rescued by a helicopter. When I was 12, a ferris wheel I was on with some young cousins stopped, with us at the very top. Next door in full sight was an open air  aquarium with sharks swimming round and round. We were there for two and a half hours, the longest day of my life!

Not all helicopter books are like this though and this is probably very exciting for readers who haven't had my experience. See all of these others.








No comments:

Post a Comment