Thursday, February 8, 2024

13th February Pancake Day

  Pancake Day is coming!

I am always excited when my Kindergarten classes actually have a lesson on Pancake Day and next week they will! I will read them my favourite pancake book Princess Priscilla  by Stacey Apeitos (see my earlier blog for a plot precis) and we will share Christina Rossetti's poem and add some actions.

Of course there are other books I could be reading and I know that Princess Priscilla might not be easy to find.  I also really like Mr Wolf's Pancakes by Jan Fearnley, Mama Panya's Pancakes  by Mary and Rich Chamberlain and The Elephant and the Bad Baby by Elfrida Vipont where at the end of the story all the characters go back to the baby's house where his mother feeds them all pancakes.







Whatever you choose to read, enjoy it with young children and feel inspired to make some pancakes!
There's a Pinterest page with other suitable titles here.



No comments:

Post a Comment