Sadly, Potato Day is an American national day, but never mind I did a quick display using all the potato books in the library and at the end of the day only two were still in the library and they were nonfiction information books about potatoes and how they are grown and used. I put out together with expository texts about potatoes:
* One Potato by Diana Pomeroy, a lovely counting book which also includes a section about potato printing and how to do it.
* The Potato People by Pamela Allen. This story about Jack and his grandma is fun and includes the inspiration to make people from potatoes as a craft activity on a rainy day.
* The Best Chip by Kate Leake is a fun read with illustrations reminiscent of Lauren Child.
* Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato, an Irish folktale by Tomie de Paola.
* Potato Joe by Keith Baker. Who can resist these illustrations? It was the first to go!
* The Enormous Potato by Aubrey Davis is a spin-off of The Enormous Turnip using a potato instead of a turnip as the vegetable.
* Math Potatoes by Greg Tan, a book that uses visual tricks with vegetables and food to show readers how to make maths faster and easier.