Saturday, January 19, 2019

23rd January Pie Day

It's Pie Day  and your chance to eat pie. Meat pies are popular in Australia, but there are lots of others to celebrate too, savoury and sweet.  As a child I enjoyed blackberry picking. It meant my mother would make apple and blackberry pies and I loved them, smothered with custard. As it's a national day in the USA, the pies they think of are generally of the sweet variety, be it lemon meringue, pumpkin, pecan or apple.

The library has so many books where pies are celebrated so I thought I'd list some good ones.









Maybe you could share some of these titles and look at author's purpose using the PIE mnemonic.






1 comment:

  1. Oh my Pie day! I can't believe it but I ate a pie today! and I didn't know it was THE DAY! Mine was savoury - Chicken and Mushroom. Now you've made me feel like some apple and blackberry pie - yum yum! I read a terrific middle grade novel that has the title Pie. It's by Sarah Weeks.

    ReplyDelete