Friday, May 1, 2020

1st May National Banana Day

Yesterday at school we made a wonderful display of books that feature bananas on their covers. We did this because we seem to have some new 'banana' books. The children are beginning to come back to school so it felt good to put together a display.

Then this morning my husband made banana bread and I thought about bananas again. When I looked online to see when it was Banana Day I saw that here in Australia it is National Banana Day today and that the farmers have issued a baking challenge to see who makes the best banana bread.

So I have made a Pinterest page with books that feature bananas. It includes these four new books:

The Day the Banana Went Bad by Michelle Robinson and Tom Knight

One Banana, Two Bananas by Charlotte and Adam Guillain and Sam Lloyd

Iguanas Love Bananas by Jennie and Chris Cladingbee and Jeff Crowther

Would You Like a Banana by Yasmin Ismail








No comments:

Post a Comment