Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Mental Health Awareness Week (18th - 24th May)

It is Mental Health Awareness Week in the UK. (Watch the video embedded in the link) Don't know about here, but given COVID 19 it is relevant everywhere. I was pleased to read the theme this year is kindness, even more fitting, and something that is easy to 'zoom in' on at school.

The teachers at my school spend a lot of time with their classes 'filling buckets' and kindness is often a Circle Time topic. As school resumes for all students next week perhaps it is time for a welcome back display in the library that includes 'kindness' books. Books I'd include in my display are those here and here.



.

1 comment:

  1. I do wish people would stop and ask themselves "is this kind" before they act. Driving, shopping, talking, social media, interacting with children, the work place, I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete