Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Floods, floods and more floods.




Well it's very wet here in Sydney and we are all sick of wet weather duty and being inside. Yesterday I put a collection of books out on display for my Kindergarten and Year 1 library classes. They all featured floods and rain. I was very surprised to see most of them were borrowed! Some of them were old favourites that haven't left the library for a long time. Even The Useless Donkeys by Lydia Pender, and Running Away From Home   by Nigel Gary which I love were borrowed. If you are looking for books on floods in your library, look for these.

Flood  by Jackie French & Bruce Whatley

Flood by Alvaro F. Villa

Flood by Gillian McClure

Flood by Mary Calhoun

The Flood  by Nigel Grey & Elise Hurst

Frog is a Hero  by Max Velthuijs

Elmer and the Flood by David McKee

The Moomins and the Great Flood by Tove Jansson

Juliet, Nearly a Vet: The Big Flood  by Rebecca Johnson

Pattan's Pumpkin by Chitra Soundar & Frane Lessac

Flood Warning  by Katharine Kenah

River Friendly, River Wild by Jane Kurtz & Neil Brennan

When the Rain Comes  by Alma Fullarton & Kim La Fave

The Flute  by Rachna Gilmore

Soshu's Call by Meshack Asare

Children on the Yangzte River  by Otto S. Sven

Limpopo Lullaby  by Jane Jolly & Dee Huxley

Big Rain Coming by Katrina Germein & Bronwyn Bancroft

The Story of Rosy Dock  by Jeannie Baker

I have  just looked to see if I have written about floods before and of course I have, here.


2 comments:

  1. As usual a timely and generous post. I adore Elmer and the Flood - perfect to read to the youngest children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I love Frog is a Hero - another perfect book.

    ReplyDelete