Sunday, July 18, 2010

18th July Felicia Bond (1954) Melanie Walsh (1964)





Felicia Bond is the illustrator of Laura Numeroff's mouse books and their offspins. She has illustrated other books, but in my library we do not have any of them. Felicia says,' "I couldn't wait to grow up and be an artist." Her illustrations of mice, pigs, moose and cats all look like they are having fun, so they send the message that she seems to be having fun doing them.

Melanie Walsh is an English author/illustrator whose books are for very young children. Books such as My World, Your World and My Nose, Your Nose, have minimal text, but very pertinent messages for preschoolers - that differences don't matter! Her newest book 10 Things I Can Do To Help My World makes saving the environment very accessible to very young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment