Tomorrow is Tooth Fairy Day, a day that commemorates someone who is very 'big' in the life of the children I teach. They loose teeth all the time and are constantly comparing gaps, monetary recompense and tooth savers. We have a large collection of books about losing teeth and the Year 1 teachers often borrow a bulk loan on this topic. Below are some picture books that are good for this purpose:
* Throw Your Tooth on the Roof: Tooth Traditions Around the World by Selby Beeler & G.Brian Karas. Not every culture has a tooth fairy like America, Britain and Australia. This book looks at some of the other traditions.
* My Wobbly Tooth Must Not Never Fall Out by Lauren Child (A Charlie and Lola story)
* April Underhill, Tooth Fairy by Bob Graham
* Mrs Watson Wants Your Teeth by Alison McGhee & Harry Bliss
* Wibble Wobble by Miriam Moss & Joanna Mockler
* Tooth Fairy by Audrey Wood. This story satisfies all those children who really want to know what the tooth fairy does with the teeth.