I don't think we have a Pasta Day in Australia but what a good excuse to get out all the great kids cookbooks and cook up a feast. I love Ready, Steady Spaghetti by Lucy Broadhurst and then you can work your way through all the pasta recipes in the back of Everyone Brings Noodles by Norah Dooley. And while you are cooking and eating you can have fun reading from this list:
• Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola. Who can resist the concept of a magic pasta pot?
• More Spaghetti, I Say by Rita Golden Gelman
• Basghetti Spaghetti by Susanne Vettiger
• Spaghetti for Suzy by Peter Coplans
• The Spaghetti Tangle by Alexander McCall Smith
• Pino and the Signora's Pasta by Janet Pedersen
Make sure you do it on Wednesday because of
• Wednesday is Spaghetti Day by Maryann Cocca-Leffler!