Sunday, July 30, 2023

30th July National Tree Day

 









I know I'm a day a late but I have been away, busy helping a friend in her garden which will be part of an open gardens weekend very soon. Yes, we did plant some trees! Yes, I did get my hands dirty. I also went to a Camellia Show and saw some amazing blooms.

I am mad about trees, have always been and I even plan holidays during Autumn to places where there is changing foliage whenever I can. There are so many magnificent picture books about trees and their role in the natural environment that it is hard to any out. My Pinterest is a good place to start.

Three books you could look at though are:

• Trillions of Trees  by Kurt Cyrus because it is about planting large numbers of trees.

Some Questions about Trees  by Toni Yuly because the text of this book asks lots of questions about how trees feel.

All About Trees by Polly Cheeseman because this book explains why trees are so important to people ... they provide the food we eat, the air we breathe and shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment