Tuesday, May 21, 2024

22nd May National Simultaneous Storytime

 

The day has finally arrived to read and explore this wonderful book!

I have really enjoyed putting together things to accompany the book this year because it has so much more to offer children.

My display 'So They Build' has been a huge success. The books are still being borrowed. I do not have enough meerkat books to keep my readers happy, but even other things are being borrowed, spider and bee books in particular.

Today each teacher has many options to choose from to celebrate in their classroom at 12 o'clock or at a time that suits them. As I only teach preschool to Year 2 I have devised a simple scavenger hunt around the school for those teachers who want a quick follow-up activity which involves close observation and lots of counting.


The preschool classes come to the library today so they will certainly be 'immersed' in 'blue' !


If you have a very old book by Colin Thiele called The Australian Mother Goose in your school library inside you will find  a poem about the bowerbird. See top right hand corner of display.



No comments:

Post a Comment