Friday, December 31, 2010

1st January Olivier Dunrea (1953)




Happy New Year!

Olivier Dunrea is the author illustrator responsible for the wonderful preschool series about Gossie and friends. Gossie is a gosling who wears red boots even when asleep. She has friends BooBoo, Ollie, Peedie and Gertie. These farmyard animals, drawn very endearingly on expansive white backgrounds partake in simple stories created very satisfyingly with minimal text. The books and toy Gossie are popular in my library and I am always on the lookout for a new one.

In the library we also have Bear Noel a beautiful story about a bear at Christmas and with such different illustrations from those in the Gossie books that at first I did not realise they were by the same illustrator. Looking at his website, I see that Olivier Dunrea has a new book also about a bear, Old Bear and his Cub that I need to look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment